2012-2013 Admissions Policy
nex+Gen Academy will work towards achieving diversity among its students reflective of the general population of the Albuquerque Public School District by implementing the policies as stated below.
- Parents/guardians and their student attend a Parent Information and Student Connect Meeting at nex+Gen Academy from 6:00 to 7:30pm on one of the following dates: (call for dates)
- Admission Packet given
- Submit the following by the enrollment deadline:
- Admission packet, completed, signed
- the nex+Gen Academy Commitment and Agreement Form
- the commitment statement describing intent to attend nex+Gen Academy
- Immunization record and proof of address
NEED TO KNOWS
The Admissions Packet can be mailed or dropped off at nex+Gen Academy 5325 Montgomery NE, 87109)
- Students living in the Del Norte boundary area will fill the first 55 slots of the 110 openings in the 9th grade
- After the students living in the Del Norte boundary area have been chosen, the remaining slots will be available on a first come/first served basis.
- Boys and girls will be drawn from different pools to insure gender equity: 55 boys and 55 girls will be selected for the available 110 seats in the 9th grade.
- Students will be considered enrolled at nex+Gen Academy when the Admissions Packet is received. Once accepted, any student wishing to enroll at their home school may do so only after notifying nex+Gen Academy of their intention.
- Waiting list students will be notified (in the order they fall on the waiting list) by phone if a seat becomes available. Should they choose not to take it, their name will be removed from the waiting list and we will call the next student on the waiting list and so on until the seat is filled.
- Students may continue to apply directly at nex+Gen Academy after the open enrollment period and will be accepted or placed at the bottom of the waiting list, following those students who applied during the open enrollment period.